Aging signs can make your face look dull and lifeless. It’s an unfortunate fact that some lifestyle habits can cause premature aging. This means that tiny wrinkles might be bothering you sooner than you expected.
But now, with advancements in cosmetic procedures, any imperfection can be corrected with ease, including fine lines. One of the most common treatments for these age lines is Botox.
What Is Botox?
The name of the treatment comes from the name of the compound used in the product. Botox Cosmetic is a synthetic compound made from botulinum. Botulinum is a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. In large quantities, the neurotoxin is hazardous, but in Botox treatment, only a minute quantity of the neurotoxin is used, making it perfectly safe.
What Is Done During the Procedure?
Wrinkles are formed due to the contraction of the facial muscles. With age, the elasticity of the skin and the muscles is lost. This means that when the muscle contract, the skin’s surface is disrupted, forming lines and wrinkles.
During the Botox procedure, the proper amount of Botox is injected into the target area. The neurotoxin then blocks the transmission of signals from the brain to the targeted muscle. This prevents contraction of the muscles, allowing them to relax and thus allowing the skin to be flat and smooth.
What Should You Know Before the Procedure?
At your Botox consultation, you will speak with your plastic surgeon regarding the Botox treatment. You will need to tell them about your medical history and any medications you are taking, and a skin exam will be done. You will be advised to avoid smoking and consuming alcohol for a few days before the procedure.
As the procedure involves injections and can feature a topical numbing agent if needed, it is not a painful treatment. After your initial treatment, you may be interested in follow-up treatments to maintain the results. A minimum of four to five months gap might be required between subsequent Botox shots.
Benefits of Getting a Botox Treatment
• Botox shots can be given for anyone ages 18 to 65. The procedure takes around 15 minutes to complete, and you can resume your normal life immediately after the procedure.
• The Botox treatment is FDA approved and very safe, and side effects are uncommon.
• The procedure is a minimally invasive and non-surgical one, simply involving injections on the desired site. This means that you will not have to worry about any surgery scars or long recovery periods.
• Some studies show that Botox can be used to not only ease away wrinkles but can also be used to prevent the formation of future wrinkles.
• Botox produces quick results. Just a few days after the treatment, you will notice your skin looking rejuvenated and young. The effects of the treatment can last for as long as four months. How quickly the results show and how long they last will depend on the skin type and skin texture of the patient.
The Solution to Wrinkle Issues
Dr. Conrad Tirre, a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Denver area, has years of experience correcting aesthetic issues and delivering impressive results. Contact our office today to schedule a Botox consultation so you can get rid of those wrinkles.