Breast Augmentation Denver
What to expect at your breast augmentation consultation
Our practice offers an extensive and personalized consultation regarding breast augmentation. During your consultation, Dr. Tirre will review your options for implant placement, size and shapes, and review information regarding silicone breast implants and saline breast implants. We can also determine if a breast lift would be required to give you the results you are desiring.
Silicone breast implants and saline filled breast implants are available for patients to touch, feel and “try on” during the consultation. Both silicone breast implants and saline filled breast implants are safe and each has its own advantages. Our goal is for every patient to feel confident they will get the best results possible.
Breast augmentation is typically performed under general anesthesia thus maximizing both your safety and comfort during this procedure. This procedure typically is 1 to 2 hours in duration and is done in a hospital setting for your safety and optimum results.
Breast augmentation incision placement
Dr. Tirre may place either a silicone gel breast implant or a saline (sterile salt water) filled breast implant through a peri-areolar or inframammary incision (under the breast within the crease). The incision location will be decided between you and Dr. Tirre prior to your procedure.
Breast implant location- under the muscle or above the muscle?
Dr. Tirre will then place the implant either under the pectoralis muscle or the breast gland. In our practice, almost all breast implants are placed under the pectoralis muscle for some major advantages.
First, placing the implant under the muscle provides extra padding and soft tissue coverage over the upper and middle parts of the implant. This creates a more natural slope at the top of the implant rather than a more pronounced shelf. It may also reduce any appearance of wrinkling or rippling of the implant as well.
Secondly, placing the implant under the muscle can make it easier to get an accurate mammogram as there is less distortion of the breast tissue itself.
Drainage tubes are typically not used by Dr. Tirre for breast augmentation. Incisions are closed with very fine sutures to aid in minimal scarring. Complete post procedure instructions will be discussed personally with you by Dr. Tirre and all of your postoperative care is included in your breast surgery pricing.
Ultimately, Dr. Tirre will work with you to determine the best location for the incision and placement of your breast implants. He will offer his expertise and guidance in determining the best options for you.
Breast Augmentation Videos
Our 3D Breast Augmentation videos are an excellent resource we offer so that you may learn more about breast augmentation in the privacy of your own home. Each plastic surgery video is about 3-5 minutes in length and offers an animated video and general information regarding breast augmentation surgery.
We would be honored to discuss your cosmetic goals for improving your breasts through breast augmentation. Call us at 303-832-3965 or reach out to us online.
Should I choose silicone breast implants or saline breast implants?
Now that the FDA has approved silicone gel implants for primary augmentation, which type of implant should you choose – silicone breast implants or saline filled breast implants?
Silicone breast implants have been available continuously for several decades, however their use became limited in the 1990’s when they were only offered as part of a silicone study protocol. Dr. Tirre was proud to be a certified silicone study physician during this period and continued to utilize silicone gel implants for breast reconstruction, breast augmentation & breast lift combination procedures and secondary breast augmentation.
Silicone gel filled breast implants (cohesive or gummy bear implants) are the newest generation of silicone breast implants available. Silicone breast implants are less likely to produce visible rippling or wrinkling and typically offer a more natural appearance and feel.
Saline filled (sterile salt water solution) breast implants are available in Dr. Tirre’s office to touch, feel and “try on”. Saline breast implants offer patients an excellent breast augmentation result as well and Dr. Tirre is comfortable utilizing silicone or saline breast implants.
Information on BIA-ALCL is provided to you in this patient education brochure from Mentor. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Tirre will answer any questions you may have on this extremely rare risk.
The decision to have silicone breast implants or saline implants is a personal decision based on cost of breast implants and personal preference. Dr. Tirre and our staff will work closely with you to answer all your questions regarding each of these types of breast implants as well as the breast implants cost.
How much are breast implants?
At the time of your breast surgery consultation, we will go over all the pricing for your plastic surgery including the breast augmentation costs for the doctor, anesthesia, and the facility. You are generally looking at a price of between $6400 – $7600 as a package fee. We offer several affordable plastic surgery financing offers. Patients can apply directly online and will typically have an answer immediately or within the same day.
Questions to ask your Breast Augmentation surgeon
Use this checklist as a guide during your breast augmentation consultation:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally-or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for breast enhancement or breast enlargement?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Where and how will you perform my breast augmentation surgery?
- What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site and placement site are recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How many additional implant-related operations can I expect over my lifetime?
- How will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
- How can I expect my implanted breasts to look over time? After pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my implanted breasts?
- How will my breasts look if I choose to have the implants removed in the future without replacement?
- Do you have breast augmentation before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
Breast augmentation surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) surgeon you can trust.
- ASPS member surgeons meet rigorous standards:
- Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®
- Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Pass comprehensive oral and written exams
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety, each year
- Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications.
The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS recognized certifying board with “cosmetic surgery” in its name.
By choosing a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the ABPS or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Conrad Tirre is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as well as board certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties for Plastic Surgery. Dr. Tirre has been performing natural breast augmentation surgery in Denver for more than 20 years. We offer excellent financing options, as well as the Mentor breast implant sizing system which allows you to try on implants in our office at your consultation. Call our office today and learn more about breast augmentation surgery – 303-832-3965.